Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Bye Bye Skiing

Alhumdillah, the food drive went quite well. Maybe not in the terms of volunteers but rather in the execution phase. We seem to be getting better at organization but there is still a loooong way to go. It alwayz amazes me how much we are able to collect with such few people. We collected almost four bags, which is quite a lot for the number of people that were there (in a time limit of an hour).

I cancelled on the ski trip. Not only was I sick but also my mom. I would have still gone if it was just me but I cant just leave my mom coughing and wheezing (especially with no one else around). But I must say, I was really looking forward to this trip but I guess this is how Allah willed.

The tsunami in Asia is a very sad event. The human cost is horrendous and the death toll seems to be rising exponentially every passing day. The southeast asia is the last place I would pick to be hit by a disaster because of the lack of infrastructure and relief. Insha Allah, I will make dua'h for them to make things easier.

I know quite a few people who belong and have relatives in the region. Any one of them could have been there on vacation and could have shared a similar fate. It does bring a question to mind? If I was destined to die tommorrow, could I say I have done enough????

Faraz Ahmed 12:09 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment