Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, December 13, 2004

Home Stretch

So the last week and a half of my work term has begun. Looking back on it, I can say it was not a total success nor a total failure. To evaluate the two jobs would go like this:

First Job - Duration: 4 months
Pros: Good pay, lots of travelling, working independently, relaxed work enivronment
Cons: Not very technical, lots of travelling, physical at times.

Second Job- Duration: 4months
Pros: in-town, quite demanding in terms of engineering, good team to work with, playing soccer at lunch, all kinds of experience (from office to lab)
Cons: Horrible boss, too technical at times, no guidance

Its hard to say which one I liked better. On a short term basis, the first one was better because the pay was very good. But on a long term basis, the second one provided exceptional experience which insha Allah will greatly help me in the future.
There is still the matter of passing the final hurdle: writing a 20-25 page report on my work.

The december event for MAC YOUTH GIVE was assigned to me at the last hour because I am the only one with no exams and thus more time. In hindsight, maybe we should have seen this coming. I guess thats a lesson for the future.

And lastly, some of you might have the seen the comment made on the Dec. 08 blog. I did correspond with the person and offered my clarification. Hopefully the person does not think of me as some kind of selfish, arrogant, and egoistic Muslim anymore.
Faraz Ahmed 1:06 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment