Tales of a Solitary Soul

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Long Time, No Post

Its been a while since I posted anything. I knew sooner or later there would come a period of time when there would be a considerable gap in posts but atleast the good thing is that it was only four days.
Work is getting more pressurized by the day and even though the boss thinks i'm taking the pressure well, I'm actually not. I guess he is just fooled by the calm surface. Little does he know there is a storm underneath.

Finally the MAC meeting is taking place and its about time. Its been cancelled already like four times for various reasons. But insha Allah it will put the wheels in motion for the next event.

I was reading an article about the attack on Falluja the other day. It was interesting how the people being killed were called 'insurgents.' I guess by labelling them in such a way, it makes it easier for everyone to swallow mass casualties. Interesting part was that the puppet Iraqi president Allawi said that no civilians had died in days of heavy bombardment and fighting.
According to this, two things have to be true:

1. Either Allawi went into Falluja and asked every dying man if he was an 'insurgent' and therefore ensured that no civilians died or,
2. the American 'smart bombs' have gotten so smart that they can see inside a person's heart and determine if he is going to fight. If he does, then drop on him.

Now, it is also possible that either of these things happened but if I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd bet that none of them happened.
If the Americans and the puppet Iraqi govenment wants to win the diplomacy war, they will have to come up with smarter explainations for I know that the Islamic world might not be the brightest fish in the pond but we're not completely stupid either.
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=5&article_id=10594

Another interesting report I saw was on British muslims. What I read came as a complete shock to me. Acoording to the report (done by British government) 62% of Muslims are unemployed. I don't think I have ever heard such a high statistic for unemployment. This is I think even worse than Iraq and there is a war going on there!!!!
Not only that, the report said Muslims students had lower marks on average and the teachers did not hold them in high regards. It was very very sad to such a state of the Muslims especially in a county of five million muslims (according to the statistic 3.1 million of them are sitting at home doing nothing).
I cant seem to find the whole document but rather part of it.
http://www.soros.org/resources/articles_publications/publications/eumapmuslims_20040722

Faraz Ahmed 9:00 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment