Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, December 20, 2004

Trust No Computer

So my computer decided to betray me. I had worked on the technical report from home and was about to email it so back to my work computer. As fate would have it, the computer decided to stop working. As you can imagine my disgust and desparation were all combined into one outburst of kicking and punching the computer. Needless to say, that only made things worse.
In my defense, I never thought this would happen. I mean you hear it happen to other people but you just assume it will never happen to yourself. I always thought the odds of my computer breaking down two days before the due date is like the odds of me making a Ferrari run faster by hammering away at its engine indiscriminately.
I guess it just means that I will have to work twice as hard over the next two days to finish the report.
LESSON FOR THE FUTURE: save a copy of documents on five different disks just in case the computer crashes and disks stop working or get lost (knowing my luck, I would not be surprised)

In other news, Umar is going to Pakistan. I think its the best time of the year to go to avoid the 40 degree plus temperatures that usually dominate during the summer.

I lost my partner for the pool tournament this weekend. But I ended up asking my bro so hopefully we won't come last.


Faraz Ahmed 12:00 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment