Tales of a Solitary Soul

Friday, December 10, 2004

What am I?

For years now, I always wondered about who I really was. Here's some interesting things I realized about myself. Maybe someone can figure it out for me.

I don't speak urdu perfectly and ditto for english.
Loved to play cricket but watched hockey for hours on end.
Listened to pakistani songs but watched english movies.
Love Canada for the oppurtunities it has given me.
Love Pakistan like a parent lamenting the recklessness of its child
Believed in the hijab but also in careers for women.
Want the sharia'h but also democracy.
I believe that Adam was the first man but also believe in Darwin's theory of Evolution (not spontaneous generation though) or Mendel's hypotheses on genetics.

What am I??

"And a soul will not die but with the permission of Allah the term is fixed; and whoever desires the reward of this world, I shall give him of it, and whoever desires the reward of the hereafter I shall give him of it, and I will reward the grateful." (al-Imran)

Whatever I am, I hope to be the one who is rewarded the hereafter.

Faraz Ahmed 11:33 p.m.

1 Comments:

A-O-A
same is my problem.or in other words same is the problem of all muslims.we say something and do something else.
sooner or later we all will realize the situation.or else... the part of else is being played in all muslim countries.

Add a comment