Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Bus Trouble

I'm having some real trouble with the bus system. Ever since I moved, last week was the first time I started taking the bus from my new house. Since then, in eight days, I have missed the bus three times and four times, it did not bother to show up. As a result, it takes me almost the same time to come home as it did when I lived thrice as far. Hopefully, I will figure out the bus schedule soon..

In other news, read an article about a highly respected Islamic scholar was detained for hours at Toronto Airport by US customs. The funny part is that he was one of Bush's advisers on Islam after 9/11. I'm guessing they could not deport him because he is a convert and his family has been in US for generations. But its interesting to see that no matter who you are these dayz, as long as your name is Muslim, be ready to be isolated, questioned, fingerprinted, and maybe even deported (look up Maher Arar-Canadian newsmaker of the Year by TIMES magazine)

http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&referenceID=18713

Some verses I like:

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the water that Allah sends down from the cloud, then gives life with it to the earth after its death and spreads in it all (kinds of) animals, and the changing of the winds and the clouds made subservient between the heaven and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand." (al-baqaraah v:164)

"How do you deny Allah and you were dead and He gave you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring you to life (for judging your deeds), then you shall be brought back to Him." (al-baqaarah v:28)
Faraz Ahmed 10:18 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment