Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, January 17, 2005

Eid on the Horizon

Barely two weeks in, school work is starting to take its toll on me. I guess I just have to get used to the long hours once again but do I ever miss work right now. Insha Allah I will try and not fall behind too much.

Today was my first day of quran class. Well, its not really a class as much as a friend teaching me. But we have fixed a time and kept it as professional as we can. Its nice to be able to perfect my recitation but it will take some time and dedication. Being able to flawlessly read another language is an enviable task, but Insha Allah, I will try and do it as fast as I can.

The day of Arafat is getting closer and insha Allah, I'll fast that day. Also Eid is coming up in about a three/four dayz but its not the same here as in Muslim countries. I say, unless you get to play and run around with the animals that will be sacrified, its just not Eid!!!!!!!!!!

I still have pick and plan the February event and I'm really scared, it will not get done in time. I just cannot think of organizations that we can help out with. I wanted to do an event with the Stollery Children's Hospital but Sharafe did not approve of that (because we will do something with them in March). So its suffice to say that I'm out of ideas at this point but insha Allah, something will pop up.

Well, back to the assignments but first listen to some Junoon to lift the morale.
Faraz Ahmed 8:55 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment