Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Tis the Season to be Sick

It seems like there is something in the air as three people in the house are sick. Alhumdillah, none of them are too sick. I, myself have been under the weather a little bit for the last week now. Hopefully it will go away by the time school starts.

Talking about school, it brings up mixed emotions every time I mention the word. On one hand I am excited to be a part of the hustle and bustle that the school life brings but academic part will be the hardest to get adjusted to. Come to think of it, I cannot even remember the basic trig formulas!!!!!!!!
But I must say that I am going back with a greater understanding of how the 'system works.' What I mean by that is I have had some experience in how to apply the principles that use to seem abstract to me not too long ago. When I learn something now, I can actually relate it back to a real life experience. I think I have also acquired better time management skills so hopefully no more last minute studying (this is starting to sound like my resume)

The book editing for MAC YOUTH is coming along well. Its an interesting experience to say the least. I hope MAC YOUTH likes it and gives me similar tasks.

On a different note, I cannot believe Pakistan lost the series 3-0 to Australia. Its just depressing (sports wise) to see such a result even if its against Australia (who dominate cricket like Canada dominates hockey). Along the same thought, it was pleasing to hear the Canadian junior team win the gold at the junior championships after seven years of losing. The cup is finally where it belongs.

Faraz Ahmed 10:59 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment