Tales of a Solitary Soul

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Exam-a-Phobia

Once again, my computer has developed a mind of its own and gone on a strike. Correct me if I am wrong but weren't these computers suppose to be our obediant slaves??? Since when do they get to make their own decisions.

Roll the drums for the start of the midterms and the toughest week in the last twelve months. Sadly, the exams are on my mind no matter what I do. Sometimes during prayer, I'll start thinking of questions (but stop as soon as I realize what I am doing).

I'm also starting to feel a little sick. Now is not a good time at all (but then again, it might also serve as an excuse for bombing my exams -- just joking).

Finally, one of the last paragraphs from the Salahuddin book that really moved me. To provide background, he was on his deathbed:

"And then, according to legend, he called for his standard bearer, the man who had carried the banner of the Sultan in many of his great battles. "You, who have borne my banner in the wars, carry now the banner of my death. And let it be a vile rag which you shall bear through all Damascus upon a lance and proclaim, 'Lo at his death the King of the East could take nothing with him save this cloth only.'""
Faraz Ahmed 5:18 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment