Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Free as a Bird

I start......but then I stop......I stutter and then I stumble........ and finally the sound manages to escape. Its the days before the video cameras were dime a dozen and the only way of storing memories is via a photo camera. The more innovative ones, like my mom, managed to record my voice on a tape as a reminder of times.

Contrary to my present condition, I wasn't much of a talker back when I was six. In the total twenty minutes of tape, I think I barely spoke a few sentences. I said a few things about some of my toys, about a friend of mine (of whom I have hazy memories), and interestingly said something about cricket.

And 14 years later, I sit before a computer writing down my own memories. Will these be also lost in the circle of life, only to be found decades later?????

We all carry a burden. Its the weight that differs from person to person. Some are willing to carry the load of the world on their shoulders while others are searching for ways to soar free as a bird.

But in the end, we will all be present together with our burdens. Some will stand on them victoriously while others would be crushed under the enormous weight. The triumphant would laugh for they knew this day would come while the losers had spent their time in childish games and play. Will they wake up and recognize the importance of the matter at hand or will they persist on soaring??

"They see the (Day) indeed as a far-off (event):
But We see it (quite) near.
The Day that the sky will be like molten brass,
And the mountains will be like wool, " (Maarij v:6-9)

"On that day you shall be exposed to view-- no secret of yours shall remain hidden" (al-haqqa v:18)
Faraz Ahmed 1:40 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment