Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, March 07, 2005

The Greatest Sports Rivalry

Ahhhh, it seems like yesterday that I had returned from my workterm. I can still vivdly recall my first day back.........and here we are now, three months later with final exams looming on the horizon. How fast the time flew by.....but then again, you ask an 80 year old and he will say it feels like his life flew by too!!!

In about an hour's time, the greatest rivalry in any sport is about to begin. For those of you thinking Yankees-Red Sox or Barcelona-Real Madrid, I'm talking about Pakistan-India. Some might even say that with these two countries, 'its much much more than just a game.' But in the end, hopefully, people from both sides have the common sense to accept whatever comes their way, be it defeat or victory.

I've really been meaning to get back into some kind of sports. Cricket is not going to start for another two months and its already too late for any indoor teams. It looks like I'll just have to keep my self fit for the time being until summer rolls around. Then cricket is a surity, insha Allah I will make time for soccer too and maybe even a third sport, time permitting. Not to mention, I'll be taking a full course load of school plus any non-sports extra-cirricular activites that come my way. Looks to be a busy and exciting summer.
Faraz Ahmed 8:42 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment