Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, March 13, 2005

"I've Placed My Heart on the Palm........"

Each moment flows the ocean of life,
From all things in manifest the rush of life.
Peace and permanence a mere illusion,
Each atom throbs, pulsates with life.
Caravan of existence never makes a halt,
Every moment the glory of creation is renewed:
Thinkest thou that life is a riddle?
Nothing but the passion of flight it is!
Means of sustenance to it is travel,
Movement is truth, halting a delusion.

In the East and the West I am a stranger,
Friendless and forlorn, no confidant have I:
I relate my sorrow to my own heart,
How innocently loneliness do I cheat.

I've placed my heart on the palm but there were no takers,
I possess the merchandise but where's the plunderer?
Come and make my bosom your home,
Because no Muslim is lonelier than me.
(Mohammed Iqbal 1877-1938)

......the words ring true to this day......for times may have changed but people have not!
Faraz Ahmed 11:02 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment