Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A Riddle

MSA elections are upon us again to bring forth a new breed of torch bearers ready to convey the message of Islam to everyone on campus. Another leader will emerge forth to guide and move through the trenches.

Its a strange beast--this 'leadership.' The word itselfs conjures up images of men like Napoleon and Alexander, marching their enormous armies to conquer as far as the eye can see. But the true heroes are those who devote their time, their wealth, their property.......even their whole life.........

"Those who believed and fled (their homes), and strove hard in Allah's way with their property and their souls, are much higher in rank with Allah; and those are they who are the achievers (of their objects)." (Tawba v:20)

We hear of men who have changed the world and we seemingly assume them to be the best of us. But how many have passed through who have devoted their lives only to achieve seemingly nothing in return. They do not want anything for the gift they would eventually receive will be better than any mind can think of!!!

The Prophet said, "The people of Paradise will look at the dwellers of the lofty mansions (i.e. a superior place in Paradise) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star far away in the East or in the West on the horizon; all that is because of their superiority over one another (in rewards)." (sahih bukhair Volume 4, Book 54, Number 478)

Many will come and pass. Their sole purpose to gain the glitter of this world and some will succeed only to realize their eternal failure. But how many are going to keep working trying their best to keep their achievements concealed, for they are the true believers.



It's easy to get caught up in the praise and accolade that comes with Islamic work. Sometimes I wonder, am I doing this for the right reason??? Time and time again I check but the question is never answered.....

......because the answer is not a simples yes or no.........
......its hidden in my actions and thoughts, in the way I walk, I talk, I act, I live......

How much pleasure do I get when someone finds about something I did or how well do I try to keep my good deeds a secret???

Everyone time I look to solve these riddles, I realize only one thing.......

.......I have a long way to go.......
Faraz Ahmed 9:42 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment