Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Last Laugh

Often, my evenings were spent lying on the moist grass as the cool ocean breeze broke across my body. Looking skywards, the dying sun was making one last attempt to barge through the cloud barrier. The leaves on the long winded cocunut trees shook back and forth like a pendulum only to return to normalcy as if following a cyclical pattern. I looked out across the ocean with its umpteen ripples and care free attitude and then back again at my five car garage with a mercedez, prosche, etc only to look behind me at a house fit for kings.

I used to have a poster depicting what seemed like a villa in the Tuscany. I lost it while we switched houses. But the reason for its possession was not what you might expect. It was mine and yet it wasn't. Even though I dreamt about it, I had no desire for it.

Allah's Apostle said, "A place in Paradise equal to the size of a lash is better than the whole world and whatever is in it."

A friend of mine remarked to me the other day that there is no heaven or hell after we die. We turn into dust he claimed. I smiled at him and looked the other way. I didn't feel an urge to try and convince him otherwise for previous encounters with people had taught me a valuable lesson of patience.

There is no point arguing one way or the other. No matter what view you have, we shall all find out in due time, won't we??? We are all bound to leave one day, some of us sooner rather than later. Who will have the last laugh?

..........I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.
Faraz Ahmed 10:47 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment