Tales of a Solitary Soul

Friday, May 13, 2005

Srebernica

So the first week of school passes by and it wasn't bad as I had previously imagined. But sadly, its all downhill from here for soon a sea of labs, assignments, projects etc. will drown me in a way that my corpse will be unidentifiable!!! (ok, so maybe I exaggerated that just a teeny tiny bit....)

Cricket season has started but for some reason I just don't feel into it this time around. It can't be because of my performance as I did pretty good in our first game but at this rate, I don't see myself playing for very long. It feels like I've reached a saturation point and its time to move on. Think of it like high school....you enjoy the time while you're there but there comes a point where you've had enough. Insha Allah, I still plan to finish this season off as I've already made a commitment but who knows after that........

Heard of Auschwitz? Rwanda? Darfur? Now read about one of the worst that virtually no one knows about. Where's their commemoration or parade??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3799937.stm


There seems to be soo much going on at times that its impossible to keep a track of everything. Some of the responsibilities seem so gigantic that not even Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay would be able to overcome them (first people to climb Mt. Everst; 1954 i think). The myriad of things to worry about include family, studies, islamic work, personal development......but then again, that's life I suppose.

Ideally, I'd like to have a gameplan for each but more often that not, its just random work that I'm putting in. Alhumdillalah its all worked up until now (well, at least most of it...) but lets see how long it holds up......

"And We do not lay on any soul a burden except to the extent of its ability" (al-mumenoon v:62)
Faraz Ahmed 10:30 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment