Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It seems like forever since I've posted but since I'm not even sure if anyone reads these so called 'chronicles,' or its just me writing to no one........kind of sad if you think about it!!

I've been so busy lately (busy, lazy....its all the same) that I've not even had time to read last and this month's National Geographic, my one escape from reality....sometimes back in time to the Mayan Civilization or riding in a never ending desert with bedouins whose lifestyles haven't changed in the last couple thousand years or on a safari with a front row seat to nature's theatre.

Hmm.....maybe I can get some kind of an explorer job with them and go to the most remote corners of the world or far way cultures with their unique traditions.....so much to see, such little time.....I wonder if they hire chemical engineers......

Interestingly, I got an offer for Time magazine in the mail for $35 (normal price is $270; some kind of National Geographic member discount i think). Thats like less than a dollar per issue but only if they weren't so biased, I would have acutally subscribed to them. I mean, first 'Rudy Guilliani,' then the 'American Soldier' and now 'Bush' as the person of the year.....how narrow minded and self-centred do you have to be to make those decisions!!! Well, they just lost my membership.

I was reading this book called '100 Years of Solitude' but only ended up finishing about 75% and even that took me more than a month. Its quite a deep book which requires almost 2-3 reads before I can truly enjoy it but then again, I seriously don't have time to finish it even once let alone 3 times!!!!

I think I'm going to skip this month and maybe read a small Islamic book....there's this 'Leadership from an Islamic Perspective' book I borrowed from someone ages ago so that should make a good read. It'll be easier to read compared to the previous one where every other thing was either a 'metaphor' or 'foreshadowing' or some random thing that I didn't care too much to think about.
Faraz Ahmed 11:22 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment