Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Quantify and Understand.....then Classify

Exam for 'Data Analysis' in about 8x hours (where 'x' is defined as the rate of change of time).....sorry about that, but lately I've been trying to put everything into equations and theorems. After spending a certain amount of time in engineering, a growing need to quantify, understand, and classify anything and everything arises.

To be honest, I can't really see myself doing this sort of work all my life. At the moment, I tackle it on as a challenge but down the road, this kind of thing can really wear on a person. But then the question is what do I want to do if not engineering??

Different possibilities arise:
1. MBA - goes pretty well with my current degree but still presents the same kind of boring job though some can be exciting.
2. Journalism- This would be at the top of the list only if I was blessed with some writing skills. Sadly though, number crunching seems to be the flavor of my life.
3. Law - This is an interesting one and I know of a friend who is thinking of it. I really like the end stuff they do and you have some real power. Think of it this way...these are the people who will make the lawz that effect everyone. Especially with no rep for Muslims in the political spectrum (atleast no standup Muslims), this would suit well if it wasn't for the tedious and unimaginative four years to get the degree. Plus I don't really know much about this profession other than general stuff.
4. Work for National Geographic- Now, this is what I call a job!!!! Imagine going to most exotic and scenic places meanwhile getting paid for it. Plus imagine the dawa'h oppurtunities :-)
5. Professional soccer/cricket player - this has got to be on every person's list or atleast the secret one. But I'm a little too old to make it into any kind of serious competition level :-(
6. Remain an engineer- now this is just depressing!!!

Talk to me in 8-10 years to discover how this ends......
Faraz Ahmed 11:11 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment