Tales of a Solitary Soul

Friday, August 26, 2005

As the first week draws to a close, mixed emotions are running thr0ugh. It has only now somewhat started to sink in that I'm all on my own. But its overwhelmed by the sense of adventure that rides along side as a passenger.

Works goes well [don't want to say anything because trying to forget about it for the weekend].

Met some good brothers a couple dayz back; Umar's cousins. Coincidentally (or maybe not), all three of us live in the same area. One of them is lone wolf like myself [meaning he lives alone and not that he doesn't have any friends) so it seems like we should be spendin' a lot of time together. Apparently he's an amazing cook and I'm anything but. So as you can see, its a match made in heaven....we're like the odd couple!!!

Paying tons of visit to the halal restaurant right infront of my hotel to the extent that they know me by name now.

One sad thing though is I've been very behind on my Quran readings which is mostly a result of the new schedule. See, I like reading the Quran at the same time every day. This way I get into a routine and becomes a habit. But now with the whacked out schedule, I'm still trying to figure out a good time slot. The usual culprits are the late night before going to sleep or the maybe the c-train ride from home to work.
Faraz Ahmed 6:51 p.m.

1 Comments:

I was thinking that too except it'll probably end up scarin' some people who are riding along...

Add a comment