Tales of a Solitary Soul

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Paid a visit to the house which shall be my dwelling for the next four months. Alhumdulillah, it looks like its in a good neighborhood. There's actually a huge park two minutes off with hiking, biking, and running trails along the scenic river with the Olympic Park in the background. Signing on without seeing the house could have sprung some nasty surprises.

There actually was a surprise (and not a good one) but interestingly it wasn't related to the house but rather the people who own it. It was more disturbing than finding the house in bad condition or anything of the same sort........I'm trying not to think too much about it but its not exactly very easy to forget......

But Allah (swt) put me in this situation for a reason.

So now the troubling question of what to do on this Saturday. I already slept in till late and really wanted to take the c-train to the nearest mosque. I'd have to make a few phone calls to figure out where it is but it should be a fun ride and a good visit.

Still trying to figure out on how to get the pics from either my cell phone or handheld to a computer so I can blog them.
Faraz Ahmed 12:50 p.m.

1 Comments:

I'll tell you in person murtada. Maybe you won't find it as disturbing (though you should).

I did absolutely nothing on saturday. Mostly packing and familiarizing with c-train schedules. I did call Ibrahim and he mentioned there is a musalla on the c-train way though they are not sure if there will be tarawih there (that would make life a lot easier). I got the contact for the person who organizes soccer for the youth. I figured I'll go for soccer and end up meetin' people.

I miss edmonton too...correction, I miss the people of edmonton :-)

You real busy this weekend?

Add a comment