Tales of a Solitary Soul

Friday, August 12, 2005

Topsy-Turvy

Finals are a troubling time and not just in the usual sense. The daily routine goes topsy-turvy and it becomes hard to differentiate between day and night from the solitary cubicle in a random library. There has to be a better method of evaluation than a three hour exam testing 'everything' learnt in the past four months!!

Anywayz, the reason for my ramblings is 'out-of-whack' schedule ends up disrupting every facet of life. For example, I read Quran on the bus in morning during my hour long ride to university but now that classes are done and I'm not taking the bus except the dayz of the exam, its hard to find time. The day feels empty and the feeling of 'somethings missin' doesn't go away. There's countless things like that but enough rants for one day.

I just came back from refreeing (sp) a muslim street hockey tournament. I expect the mouthing off from the younger kids but even the older and supposedly 'mature' ones were lippin' me off. Its hard to fathom that this older generation represents the future leaders when they can't even control their temper in a friendly game. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise because these are the same kind of people who are incharge of Muslim countries and then........its just really sad, I think, when a 25-somethin year old is shouting at the ref younger than him. He refused to even say sorry after the game considering that most players get some sense knocked into them once the heat dies down. Well, thats the first and last time I volunteer to referee anything!!
Faraz Ahmed 11:10 p.m.

1 Comments:

Keeping in mind the amount of time that it took someone to write this, I'm almost convinced to buy the stock....[assuming thats what its about; I just read a few lines]

Add a comment