Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, September 19, 2005

Another week starts and will pass faster than I'd care to remember. Post-school depression offers a glimpse and let me tell you it ain't pretty. Its just the adjustment phase.....or so I tell myself.

I've lately been thinking of taking side courses......no, not engineering courses (come on now, I don't miss school that much) but rather in things like French and horticulture. Insha Allah, I'll be signing up for the correspondence Islamic classes that are offered by SunniPath. Now it's just a matter of getting a laptop.

Talked to the company about getting a discount from IBM but that will only happen if I decide to buy the $4000 package which by the way includes finger print identification and a security chip that can be tracked from anywhere in the world.....but since I don't work for the CIA, I don't think I will need those features!!

French classes shoudn'tbe too hard to find considering they are offered in community colleges around the country but the horticulture ones might be a bit tricky (the reason for taking the classes is so I will have some vague idea of what to do next time I'm forced to work in the backyard).
Faraz Ahmed 2:05 p.m.

5 Comments:

Well, I wouldn't say working life is all that bad. The best part is when you walk out at 5 pm, you have the whole evening for islamic work/family etc. when compared to leaving at 8 pm from university and still having to go home and study.

But nothing beats the school atmosphere.

School's like a woman...you can't live with it, you can't live without it!!!
Hey Faraz,
I totally agree with you. Nothing beats the school atmosphere. Just nothing. All the while that you are in school, you just cant wait to get done with it but when you do get a break from school, you cant wait to get back either. Atleast for me, the hustle-bustle of the campus is quite thrilling. I might seem like a geek here but its more of the overall activity happening around that attracts me to school than solely studies.
Anywaz, keep in touch and have fun at C-Town.
Good point swetha. I never thought about it that way but the hustle bustle of university is probably the biggest thing I miss.

And also the fact that you could sleep in any day that you wanted!!
I'm sorry but a woman is not an object who you can call "it"
I actually replied to this comment earlier but for some reason, it didn't show up...weird!!!

Anywayz, i'll repeat it again. When I said 'it,' I was referring to the school and not the woman.

Reading it over, I can see why it seems like i'm referring to women as objects. But please take my word that I was referring to school.

This is what happens when I don't proofread!!

Add a comment