Tales of a Solitary Soul

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Me, myself, and I

Spending a weekend with the brothers at the leadership conference was just the medication that I needed. Harsh reality was starting to catch up after a week of lonely evenings spent reading and pacing about back and forth till a head rush would force me to sit down. But no more!!!

I've been asked to help setup GIVE in Calgary and about time it is. I've been itching to do any kind of Islamic work in Calgary that would get me acquainted with the Muslim community here but it has been to not much avail. But insha Allah this presents the perfect oppurtunity to meet the crop of Calgary Islamic workers.

On a side note, I had a blast with the guyz from Calgary that travelled to Edmonton. But i'll say one thing: you WILL NOT find the kind of people that are in edmonton anywhere else. It begs an interesting question though. Did they all come together as a result of all the hard work that has been done the last few years??

Whatever it is, it sets us apart from pretty much any city in Canada.

Excitement is reaching new heights with the GIVE video that we will insha Allah being showing to everyone in the October conference. Its our one year anniversary and just the perfect time go big. I realize this was a big thorn in the sides of some people that GIVE doesn't do big events with more volunteers and hype and media coverage and so on. What most people don't realize is that you can't run before you walk and you can't walk before you run. There fore we needed a phase where our events were of small to medium size in order for us to learn and be efficient in our tasks. Now, I truly do feel ready to have bigger events and thats only because of the hard work that was put in to consolidate the foundation and make sure the building doesn't crumble on the first sign of an earthquake.

I realize a lot of the stuff I'm saying probably doesn't make much sense but time is little and I've got much to say. Some things are better explained 1-on-1 but I have to spill my heart somewhere (even if it doesn't make sense) considering my life consists of me, myself, and I right now.
Faraz Ahmed 4:53 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment