Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Road Seems Long....

Trapped in this vicious cycle of work-home-work, life seems to have come at a standstill. Plenty of time to ponder but it only leads to a realization of how little I have accomplished.

The road seems long......

Money is a big force in our lives and yet we don't even realize it. As a kid, I still remember thinking to myself on how I will give so much to charity and a good cause 'once I had enough money.' But the question is what is enough money? Is it when you have a 3-garage house and a boat or how about when you're surviving hand to mouth?

I've come to realize there is never enough money. The human thirst is unquenchable and those who wait for the fires to burn out before acting never do act. I'm pretty sure in the eyes of Allah (swt), donating $5 when you only have $50 in the bank is better than donating $20 with a $1000 stored up.

I'll always have excuses: I'm only a student so I have to pay my tuition; I need a car; I need a house; I'm married so time to save.....the list goes on.

I invest. I invest in 'bonds' that have unlimited returns.
I spend. I spend in a way that only increases my wealth.
I give. I give because there is no other way to live.

The road seems long........

But its how I travel that will determine its end.
Faraz Ahmed 12:22 p.m.

2 Comments:

wise thoughts..May Allah provide you with plenty so you can share plenty with your brethren!
Ameen!!!

ps. not just the brethren but everyone :-)

Add a comment