Tales of a Solitary Soul

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Walking down the once familiar hallwayz of Ainlay brought back a sudden rush of memories though not of the same effect as they once were. Not much had changed though and I suppose it never will. Different people but same stories.

Two girls hugging their books walked passed me in a hurry as if laws of physics would change if they didn't arrive on time to class. Another one dressed up like a soap opera star I had seen a couple of weeks back when I unfortunately decided to watch tv during day time.

"I can't believe they let her wear that to school!" I wondered to myself. With the assistant principal being a mormon, I was surprised he would allow that but then again public schools should be devoid of any moral restrictions, or so I am told.

Further to my left on the stairs of the infamous 'rotunda' sat a group that has been frozen in times and the roles played out perfectly year after year. I knew that spot very well being a part of it back in the day but even then its temporary status was well known to me; equal in length to its fleeting image that has made home in some random corner of my mind all these years later.

If a list is made of the people whom have sat around in the rotunda because they had spares or just decided to skip class (for the sole reason of sitting there....yes, such people did exist), where are most of them now. What are they doing?? Maybe a handful are successful and a couple even went on to become great Islamic workers but how goes the story for the rest??

It's a story that's as old as the school itself. Every year, a generation comes whose apex of life is represented by their high school lives. How many people they knew, how many girls liked them, how much 'back-up' they had, what people thought of them, how many people were on their msn list........I can go on for dayz.

Sooner or later, they will come to the same realization that rest of us have.....its just a passing moment!!

All I can do is hope that it comes sooner rather than later.
Faraz Ahmed 10:03 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment