Tales of a Solitary Soul

Friday, October 14, 2005

Corporate Chess World

A few hundred million here. A billion there. At work, I play around with dollar figures that would dwarf some third world countries' total income. Its so easy to get lost in this game of numbers only to realize that 99.99% of the world's population will never get to see this much money.

I am but a pawn in this corporate chess world and yet at times, I can feel the greed taking over. The desire to chase materialistic dreams. They throw me a bone and I think to have earned it.

So first time in a long time, I plan to spend the weekend in Calgary. Ramadan alone has not been all that hard as previously imagined. I've been invited to a few iftaars so all in all, it seems to be going much better than expected (though I wouldn't want to repeat it; its one of those things that is good to try just once).

I have to post the link for it really makes me proud (even though I'm not on campus and had nothing to do with this).

http://www.canada.com/edmonton/edmontonjournal/news/cityplus/story.html?id=d9932d83-4d00-4e9e-9a09-9d5aa519f459
Faraz Ahmed 12:20 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment