Tales of a Solitary Soul

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm truly beginning to understand why people are so envious of the student life. Sure there are the classes, labs, lectures, and seminars but the freedom that goes with it just doesn't exist in the working world. Its a totally different pace; an environment that does not allow personal growth.

Ramadan has started and about time. There might not be the perks of 5 hour work days in Canada, but its own unique style brings a different flavor to this month. Interestingly, most people (muslim n non-muslim) think of it as only abstaining from food, when infact that is just the key to open the door to a whole new world!!

Hockey comes back with a BANG......Oilers are listed to finish 9th in the league (yeah, I was surprised too) by Sports Illustrated but their credibility was put in serious doubt after Calgary was picked to win the Stanley Cup. I mean, come on!! I can't wait for the Oil to beat the heck of out Calgary so I can rub it in to all the Flames' fans at work.

Another piece of good news. A new study has picked Vancouver as the best city in the world. Not only that, there are 3 Canadian cities in the top 10. And my adopted home town of Calgary is at no. 10 in the world and my birth town of Karachi is 4th.............from the bottom!!!

Though, we have to take these ratings with a grain of salt because a lot of the factors are subjective. I have walked through the streets of Karachi without fear and any sense of danger. But to someone reading this article, it might seem like Karachi is one of the worst places to live when infact I can testify that its a much more vibrant and lively city than Edmonton or Calgary.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm
Faraz Ahmed 10:59 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment