Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Its always interesting to read convert stories, especially if they are about Latino women :-)
http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/12914082.htm

Just had a lengthly discussion with my boss's boss about communication or lack thereof. Its amazing how major mistakes on billion dollar projects sometimes comes down to the simple matter of communication. Even right now, are the readers understanding what I want to convery or is the picture conveyed by my words varying from person to person.

Just a few days back someone left a comment complaining that I referred to women as 'it' but when I read the sentence over again, it was clear to me that I was referring to school and not women. Though at the same time I understood why it could seem the other way around.

Makes me wonder on all the things that I say during my normal course of life, how many of them are actually understood the way its meant?

By the way, its really depressing to see the Oilers lose 3 in a row and that too against the Flames!!! I'm really going to get it at work on Monday.
[NOTE TO SELF: do not brag about an oilers win to everyone at work next time]
Faraz Ahmed 2:26 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment