Tales of a Solitary Soul

Monday, December 12, 2005

Edited and paraphrased version of what transpired earlier:

Interviewer: Congragulations Faraz, we would like to offer you a position in our Fort McMurray department for your next two work terms.

Faraz: Oh, thank you very much. Though, I would like to decline the offer.

Interviewer: The offer includes free furnished housing, transportation costs, and every second friday off.

Faraz: Those are some good perks but I'm afraid I can't take up your offer.

Interviewer: We are willing to offer $XX/hr.

Faraz: Whoaa, thats a lot of money!!! Well, hmm....
No, I'm sorry, some things are bigger than money. I can't.

Interviewer: Well, feel free to give us a call back if you change your mind.

By turning down the offer, I actually put my money where my mouth is. Some would call it foolishness, I say it's a sacrifice. Not everything in life is about career and money.

In other news, a recent study shows that health disadvantages of alcohol outweigh its benefits. Though I doubt most people care about such things. From what I"ve seen and heard, it's all about losing control and having your friends explain the next day what happened afterwards.

Some poor guy's typo resulted in the company losing $225 million. I wonder what excuse did he try and use to get himself out of it?

Been kind of obsessed with this song lately.
Faraz Ahmed 8:22 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment