Tales of a Solitary Soul

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Suffocate

"Successful indeed are the believers,
Who are humble in their prayers,
And who keep aloof from what is vain,
And who are givers of poor-rate..." [al-muminoon, v:1-4]

Certainly, three concepts that I need to practice the most rather than preach.

I had started to fall within that false sense of security until a rude awakening really brought the shortcomings to light. A curse can come in deceitful forms and I certainly missed this one completely.

Fallen very behind in Quran recitations, this dunya was really starting to weigh down on me. Like a heavy rock placed on my chest, I was beginning to suffocate under the weight of vain actions.

I must return to a Book that has been neglected for far too long.....

"This is a Book, in which there is no doubt...." [al-baqaraah, v: 2]
Faraz Ahmed 11:00 a.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment