Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Gametime

I almost had myself convinced that I'm too busy to volunteer with Islam Awareness Week (IAW). I'm the first to admit that my involvement with the MSA over the last year or so has decreased considerably.

While not being on campus for one term every year does contribute to the decline, it certainly is no excuse. What upsets me the most is that sometimes I tend to get carried away.

Recalling those fuzzy memories of a wide-eyed kid in first year, I was just happy to be allowed to volunteer at the IAW booth in CAB. Then through the whisperings of Shaytan or whatever you want to attribute it to, subconsciously I developed this feeling that unless I had a major part in the organization of the event, that somehow I was 'too good' to partake in the 'lesser' roles.

Heck, if Murtada can take longer lunch breaks and show up after work every day to participate when he has a family with two kids, what excuse do I have?

All right, that is it; enough talk!

Insha Allah, I still have two more days of IAW to get involved in. I'm not going to let anyone beat me in this race for hasanaats (rewards).

It's gametime and I'm already down by three goals!!
(for cricket fans, imagine losing 3 wickets on the first 3 balls; for basketball fans, think of it as being down 50-5 at the half; for football maniacs, 2 touchdowns have been scored before your offense even gets their hand on the pigskin)
Faraz Ahmed 8:07 p.m.

1 Comments:

And I'll make du'a for you guys :)

Add a comment