Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sometimes I think I know too much.
Other times I realize I think too much.

But the realization itself is a product of the over-thinking caused by knowing more than I should but not nearly enough.

So what came first or does it really matter because the arrow has left the bow. I tried living in a bubble but that didn't last long. Apparently, they're no match for arrows.

Now I'm stuck with a bow and countless arrows but no bubble of my own. So, I look for one, hunt for one, search for one.........desperate for one. But none are strong enough.

Verily, life is full of suprises because you see, the more we think, the more we know; the more we know, the more we realize. Realize what?

That indeed, life is full of surprises :-)
Faraz Ahmed 5:16 a.m.

9 Comments:

lol
u know what i noticed? ever since amir sulaiman came, there's been an aweful lot of good writing going on.

confusing yes. but good nonetheless.

why do you even need a bubble though? don't they just hold you back?
That's the beauty of the bubble. While you're in it, you don't realize that you're being held up. All you care about is the bubble and ignore everything else.

I rather not be in a bubble either (I don't think I can ever be) but sometimes I do wonder what it feels like to be in one.
more we think <--> more we know

... y'know?
Well, the more we think about an issue, the more we pick at it.

So we comb through the various details and wonder why each happened. Then, we link those details to prior events and form a chain of cause and effect relationships that begin to explain the issue at hand.

Thus we begin to understand and know why things happened.

Make sense?
erm .. i was just pointing out the fact that it goes both ways, ie. the more we think, the more we know, and the more we know, the more we think.
I agree. Tis' a vicious cycle at times!
the more we know
the more we forget

the more we forget
the less we know

so why think and why know and why study
On the studying part, I agree. Seems like everytime I learn something new, something old gets pushed out :-(
Make du'a that Allah increases your knowledge. Inshallah that will solve the problem.

Add a comment