Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Blast kills 25 near an Iraqi mosque
Suicide bomber kills 57 in Pakistan religious rally

Well, there begins another round of tit-for-tat attacks. I thnk too often we're quick to label these people as extreme as if one single word can actually encompass their mentality. I do wonder what goes their minds right before the trigger is pulled? Does their life flash before their eyes or is the hatred so intense that it has clouded the mind and the vision?

If it actually is hatred, why and where does it come from? Perhaps the Islamic scholars missed the part where the early Muslims starting attacking others in their places of worship. And correct me if I'm wrong but did the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) not give EXPLICIT orders not to attack any religious sites -- no matter what religion.

So what state of mind are you in or what hadeeth are you using as daleel when a bomb is strapped around your waist to be exploded in a mosque which contains the same Quran you claim to be defending?

Things like this sicken me more than watching American soldiers shoot civilians; a video that I don't have the guts to watch. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of a 'peace loving' hippie because oppression needs to be fought. But the standards that have been set today are atrocious and I refer to every side for no one is innocent.
Faraz Ahmed 10:17 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment