Tales of a Solitary Soul

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I dream of a life where I'm free.
I dream of a life that needs to be.

I dream of an orange sunset on top a mountain high.
I dream of reaching for the moon as it flies by.
I dream of the fallen stars that crashed too soon.
I dream to be the tree that witnessed it all.

I dream of a sleep that evades me.
I dream to wake in a paradise lost.
I dream to swim in an ocean that runs deep.
I dream of the silent nights where solitude and I meet.

I dream of a cliff high enough to see the world.
I dream to lie in the wild untouched.
I dream of the seconds before I hit the ground.
I dream to meet a person who has left this earth.

I dream of the people that I will meet.
I dream of the time when that will be.
I dream of the seconds leading up to the event.
I dream of two beautiful angels that will attend.

I dream of a life where I'm free.
I dream of a life that needs to be.
Faraz Ahmed 10:50 p.m.

10 Comments:

wow. SubhanAllah. Did u write this?
Yeah. I think it's my first 'real' poem.
it's beautiful.
:)
JazakAllah khair :-)
mashaAllah. dream shared brother
I think at the end of day, regardless of race, gender, religion, etc. most of us dream of similar things.
then why should things like gender, religion and race come between us? lovely poem for it being your first, hope to see more :)
Unfortunately, similar goals don't necessarily mean same paths.
well said. its a shame, but that's how life goes.
beautifully written.
The last line says it all.

Add a comment