Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, July 16, 2006

I keep running, chasing shadows in the dark, not wanting a still moment to be alone with my thoughts and yet it confronts me at every corner, at the most unexpected of places. We've become regular companions and even made the best of a bad situation. There are moments of escape that don't last long but do offer support, enough of it till the next one comes along living day by day, hour by hour, second by second.

I have to stop somewhere and make a final stand for this can't go on forever. Standing on top of the mountain with a clear path but no direction; like a bird caught in a storm, getting pulled in every direction before being blown away to the farthest corners. Invisible shackles holding me to one spot, restricting my movements like a prisoner. A captive of myself with no freedom in sight.

Tomorrow begins a new day, a new hope, a new desire but with old challenges. For now I sleep but ring the bell -- a new round awaits.
Faraz Ahmed 9:54 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment