Tales of a Solitary Soul

Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm still sticking to my guns of going to Pakistan next summer insha Allah. Why?

That's a good question. It's not meant to be a sight seeing trip nor an adventure in a foreign land. No, I will not allow it. I can't afford to -- literally and metaphorically.

I have to establish some clear objectives and goals. There are things that I have to learn and teach. Much needs to be accomplished in a very short span of time. Insha Allah, I plan to carry on my blog till that time atleast because, well, it will play a major role in accomplishing some of the objectives.

I still recall that one solitary evening in Calgary when I danced with my thoughts and in an instance, I knew I had to do it. Even if that meant graduating eight months later than originally planned.

Many tried to convince me otherwise but they couldn't see what I did. Some things are much bigger than education, money, career, etc. The tragedy of the middle income immigrant class is that all we really have is education. It's emphasized to the point that it serves as the focal point of our lives.

Decisions have to be made with regards to how they would effect our education and careers. Nothing is above it. And I admit to being of them. I was daring enough to go against the forces and stick to my decision but it wasn't easy. It never really is.

But when you know something is right, it has to be done. And perhaps that is why I need to go to Pakistan even it means graduating late and theoretically not getting an 'ideal' start to my career.

Some things are simply more important. Period.
Faraz Ahmed 11:11 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment