Tales of a Solitary Soul

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Baboon for a Tiger

A new proposal by Lebanon and the Arab League asks Israel to leave in return for 15,000 Lebanese soldiers manning the border.

Yeah, I asked the same question: Lebanon has an army?!?!

Perhaps it’s one of those showcase armies like the Royal Guard in England, which only has symbolic and shambolic values because they sure as heck can’t fight with those ridiculous black hats.

This has got to be a new low for the Arab armies. I mean, we’re all used to them being massacred and severely spanked by anyone and everyone (Britain in ’17, Israel in ‘67, US in 91’, my aunt’s chappal in ’99 -- OK, so I made the last one up) but at least they showed up to the battlefield. In almost three weeks of bombing by Israel, where has the Lebanese army been?

What was the plan? To hide till Israelis retreat and then jump out on the ruins of Lebanon with water guns and claim to have scared off the enemy?? No wonder Hezbollah has become so popular.

In other news, Tarek Fatah, communication director of Muslim Canadian Congress (CIC) has decided to step down from the post. This is certainly a happy day for the Muslim community across Canada. I’m certain many if not all of you have seen him on TV round table debates supposedly representing Canadian Muslims. This was akin to sending a baboon to represent a pack of tigers at the jungle council meeting (no, it’s not real).

He did not represent the majority of the Muslims and when I say majority, I refer to over 90%. Suffice to say, he’s gone, hopefully never to return to spew his morphed views for the consumption of the general public.

If anyone cares, I can explain in detail why he’s so despised.
Faraz Ahmed 9:29 a.m.

2 Comments:

Yeh, could you put up a link or put up a quick post explaining it?

Thanks
I sent you an email Muntaka.

Toasty, I hope someone worse doesn't end up assuming his post.

Add a comment