Tales of a Solitary Soul

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Selling the Rape of 14-year old Girls

I’ve had a really hard time following the story of the gang rape and murder of a 14-year old Iraqi girl and her family because it sickens me. It makes my stomach turn that someone can actually sink that low. Someone at work remarked that Americans were ‘liberators’ in Iraq. I was so disgusted by his arrogant pompous statement that I’ve not been able to look at him the same way again.

What else are they suppose to think after watching countless propaganda Hollywood war movies depicting America’s chivalry and honor?

Did you know that Pentagon hired a ‘publicity’ team to sell’ the Iraq War to the American public? The result could be seen in the overwhelming support in the polls for Bush when the war started.

I wonder how many more found jobs to sell the rape of the 14-year old or the massacre of civilians at Haditha or the torture at Abu Ghuraib. With such innovative means of job creation, who says the American economy is slowing down?
Faraz Ahmed 1:56 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment