Tales of a Solitary Soul

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I walked out of the ETLC computer lab today to take a break from the grueling 8 hour a day routine, only to discover the main hallway littered with high school students impatiently waiting for this year's model UN. Decided to sit in on the proceedings of the UN Legal Committee, discussing the definition of aggression by nation states. Of course, just like the real UN, they couldn't reach a definite conclusion.

Earlier, someone behind me was discussing the combination of entertaining read and zero literary value that the Da Vinci Code makes. I turned around to agree upon which he remarked, "Are you not the one that likes to read Gabriella Garcia Marquez?"

It was over a year ago that I had given an impromptu talk in class about Chronicles of a Death Foretold by Marquez. I had talked about the feeling of losing yourself in the secluded Latin American town where time stood still. He had bought the book, apparently intrigued by my discussion of Marquez's writing style of magic realism.

Then he went on to recommend Ulysses. Not so sure if I'm ready for James Joyce yet.

Labels: , , , , ,

Faraz Ahmed 11:58 p.m.

0 Comments:

Add a comment