Tales of a Solitary Soul

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The other day, I was discussing with someone about my attempts to cut down the sleeping hours. Realized that if we sleep 6 hours every day, then by the age of 60, we'd have slept 15 years of it. But then again, some people will not wake up their entire lives.

Been desperately trying to take advantage of every minute though it still manages to fly by like a Ferrari. Also attempting to maintain a healthy balance unlike the usual overdose of school that has become the norm during the month before exams. In the midst of finishing two books, among others:

1. Companions of the Prophet
2. Purification of the Heart - Matharat-ul-Qulub by Imam Mawlud

Another one has been sitting on the shelf for a while now but can't begin on it till after exams: Islamic Methodology of Education

Labels: , ,

Faraz Ahmed 11:30 p.m.

2 Comments:

I totally agree. I've successfully cut down my sleep to 4-5 hours/day. Weekends are still at 6-7, but soon with extra hours to studying Arabic (shariahprogram.ca) will reduce that as well.

My subway ride's my sleeping time.

-Hafsa
4-5 hours is very good.
Back when I was young, it was much easier to work on short sleep but alas those days are long gone :-(

Add a comment